Williams Mining is delighted to represent a dynamic mining company in West Africa.
Our client is seeking an experienced Port Manager. The role will offer a 6/2 FIFO.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems to ensure the safe operation of the company fleet and ancillary port operations and compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations and Class society requirements.
- Ensure the required standards of leadership are provided to the Port Team;
- Develop and implement and monitor detailed capital and operating budgets ensuring that it is consistent with corporate guidelines;
- Define key operational and performance parameters for all areas of responsibility throughout the Port Operations to achieve quality, cost and delivery targets;
- Ensure products are dispatched in sequence and promptly to meet contractual requirements through the management of planning and scheduling process and effective liaison with Marketing and Operations;
- Responsible for the management and coordination of the loading operations to ensure the timely turnaround of scheduled vessels;
- Negotiate and resolve contractual issues with Government Marine Agencies, stevedoring contractors, ships masters and other suppliers;
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in Port/Maritime Management
- PFSO Certification ideally
- Sound Computer Skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
Kindly apply on our site, and a member of the team will be in contact shortly. Interviews will commence in October with an expected start date late November/December.