Williams Mining is proud to be engaged by a unique mining company based in Southern Africa. Our well-respected client is seeking a Mine Manager on a 6/2 FIFO with a flexible start date offered.
– Provide hands-on leadership to the mine site. This includes developing the local workforce and being an active Mine Manager on-site rather than on desk.
– Manage the mining and processing operations to achieve maximum productivity
– Work in partnership with the Operations Manager to provide proactive solutions
– Ensure Health & Safety, environmental and legal procedures to meet company regulation standards
– Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field – Mining Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
– Leadership roles within Africa – ideally open pit mining experience
– Fault-finder, someone who identifies issues before they arise and looks at solutions
– Proven ability to manage, motivate and influence employees
– Proactive and a self-starter full of energy
Excellent site conditions offering a 6/2 FIFO.
This opportunity requires an experienced Mine Manager who has worked in the mining sector in Africa and has experience managing a mine site overseeing production and safety.
Interviews are due to commence within October with an expected start date November/December.