Permanent Mineral Resource Manager | Democratic Republic of Congo
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mineral Resource Manager | Democratic Republic of Congo | $140,000 (USD) + Excellent Benefits + Share Options
Williams Mining is pleased to be working with one of the industry leading mining companies in Africa. Our client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mineral Resource Manager. The position will be based the DRC with an expected FIFO of 8/2 with excellent site facilities included.
The Mineral Resource Manager provides technical support for the effective identification, delineation, estimation, extraction and reporting of the available resources and ensures that the systems and procedures employed in measuring and maintaining the available resources are benchmarked.
Experience should include mineral resource management planning in underground and open pit mines and in commodities such as gold.
The Mineral Resource Manager must provide support to the affiliate mines and the project office to ensure resource planning, grade control ore body management, mine survey, sampling, estimating, resource and reserve reporting, metal/mineral accounting and other activities are conducted according to Standard Operating Procedures. In cases where these are not available or are outdated, he will ensure these Standard Operating Procedures are developed and implemented.
Responsibilities (Mineral Resource Manager):
- Resources Planning and Design
- Ensure that resource planning by the mines is done within the business objectives.
- Ensure that resource planning cycles and time frames are aligned with business standards
- Ensure resource optimization through correct planning and design of mining cycles
- Ensure that the mine planning and design teams consider on mine/project resource generation grades and tons in producing mining depletion options.
- Confirm that establish cut-off grades and grade/tonnage criteria are correctly determined and ensure compliance by mines.
- Conduct risk analysis on resource plans.
- Ensure appropriate grade control and dilution strategies are designed and implemented on mines.
Ore Body Management
- Ensure that correct and consistent Geological ore body modelling and estimation is conducted at the affiliate mines.
- Ensure that the resource delineation at the affiliate mines is conducted timeously and in coordination with the mine planning department.
- Utilize the appropriate software to ensure that the ore body is mined in the most economical manner taking cognisance of mining at the average resource grade.
Experience & The Person:
- Strategic and annual planning process
- Resource delineation program planning and design
- Drilling, sampling, estimation and ore body modelling process and techniques
- Grade Control strategies and Ore Body Management
- Mine Survey, production sampling procedures
- Metal/Mineral Accounting system, including mine call factor calculations
- Resource reserve calculations including cut off grade calculation
- High-energy strategic thinker with strong analytical and business judgment skills
- Proven track record of leading planning process in large organization
- A competitive results oriented attitude
- Strategy and/or planning experience for large enterprises
- Project management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities
- True team player and leader, with ability to manage ambiguity
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Fluency in English
Interviews are due to commence within four weeks with a flexible start date offered for the right candidate.
Feel free to apply on the site or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our elite database for future opportunities.
We look forward to working with you.